14 July 2012

Hallmark Ornament Premiere

We had things to do today, so we got to the Hallmark Ornament Premiere late in the afternoon, and we didn't go out to our usual store, but just went to the mall. Several of the ornaments I was interested in, like the "Two Turtle Doves" and "Up on the Housetop," plus the quirky "Santa's Rooftop Racer" that James was interested in, were already sold out there. Perhaps it was my mood because of work, but I didn't see a lot that really interested me. I bought the miniature cloisonne blue jay and the "Peanuts" Thanksgiving ornament (how often do you see Thanksgiving ornaments? the rest were all stinky Hallowe'en), and James got this year's airplane.

I did, however, join the ornament club, even though I wasn't that crazy about the three ornaments offered, just to have access to one of the ornament club-only ornaments, this:


It's "Mrs. Claus' Cupboard"—and, to quote Daisy Dalrymple, "Isn't it spiffing?" They offered it in white last year and I really didn't like it, but in brown it is absolutely lovely. If  you were in a tiny, tiny apartment, you could put a couple of Christmasy bottle-brush trees on either side of it and have a complete Christmas in microcosm.

Will probably go back in the upcoming weeks to see if they've restocked.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am considering doing the same thing. Do you remember how much this ornament cost?

Linda said...

It's $40 and you have to join the ornament club to get it, too. Luckily there are not a lot of ornaments I want this year.