11 March 2008

Signs of...Ugh...Spring and the Upcoming Feast

I can barely contain my enthusiasm for the approaching pollen season and hot weather.

Not. :-)

While James was dismantling and "re-mantling" my poor benighted computer, I finally took down all the winter decorations (I knew I was going to forget something, and I did: all the garlands. Where I will fit them I don't know, especially the one with the pine cones and frosted needles, since the boxes are crammed full.) I have the boxes of spring and Easter things out, but have little enthusiasm to put them up.

I did put my St. Joseph's altar on the china cabinet. I put one of Mother's tatted doilies down, and then the base, which I painted red with a small circular copper-colored base on top which the St. Joseph's statue sits on. He is flanked by grape on one side, olives and figs on the other, with citrus fruits and breads in front, and a scattering of filberts and almonds around that. It's not this, but then what is? :-)

Incidentally, St. Joseph's Day is being celebrated on the 15th this year due to the actual date (the 19th) falling during Holy Week.

No comments: