11 December 2003

Thursday Threesome

Onesome: The-- What is the "bestest" Christmas decoration in your mind? You know, the one that says, "This is Christmas!"

Oh, the tree, definitely, multicolor lights and silver icicles and all (and it's not a real tree without that "tinsel"!). When I was a kid I would get my lap desk and go write under the Christmas tree, or lie on my back underneath the tree and look at the wondrous glittery-bright colorful road before me.

Twosome: Christmas-- What style of Christmas ornaments do you like to see? Are you a glass ball person? ...or how about that bow thing? Maybe Christmas Muppet characters everywhere? Hmm?

Despite our growing Hallmark ornament collection, I have a real fondness for glass ornaments; they don't have to be balls. I like unusual shapes--"figurals," they're called--and colors. I have figural French horns and bells which I found one year in PharMor (sigh...I miss PharMor), and other figurals like an 1930s type car with a wreath in the front which I found at Hobby Lobby. I have a set of satin balls in different colors which, at least when I bought them, were very rare. I also like "different" ornaments. For instance I have a cloth ornament that is a unicorn in a stocking, and a couple hand-made from beads.

Threesome: Song--...and your favorite Christmas Song? Is there one that just sets the season for you when you hear it? I mean, even when you're in a "Ho-Ho-Humbug" mood?

Just one? Well...my favorite Christmas song is probably "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" (though I'm really fond of "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" and "Kay Thompson's Jingle Bells" and "Round and Round the Christmas Tree" and...well, see what I mean?). My favorite Christmas carol (two different things) is "God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen." (Don't forget the comma! as Siegfried Farnon would remind you.)

No comments: