09 February 2004

Happy Birthday, Mom!

She is 87 today!

I sent her a big box of goodies last week: her actual birthday presents: copies of Seabiscuit and My Big Fat Greek Wedding; a birthday card and a Valentine card, and copies of the pictures we took over Christmas and New Year's.

I also sent her our old Babylon 5 tapes (seasons 1-4, anyway) since we have the series on DVD. She didn't watch the show, but she likes SF, continuing stories, and Bruce Boxleitner, so she ought to love them. I also sent her a tape set a nice friend gave me of an entire day's programming on a Washington, DC, radio station in 1939. Yet another friend had sent me the entire day on CD as an .mp3, so I thought I'd pass the tapes, which she could play, on to her. It's created a little room in the videotape cabinet, which makes me happy, and it's something she likes, which makes her happy. Everyone wins!

No comments: