02 January 2007

On the Ninth Day of Christmas

Busy, busy, busy.

Since the Big Boss was nice enough to give us the day off, I played catchup on all the things I didn't accomplish last week, including the exciting deep cleaning of the master bathroom shower. :-) I decorated two winter sweatshirts, made two signs for the porch (including the one that says "No Solicitors at any time," which I hope will hold off the guy with the loud muffler who keeps bothering me about having our gutters cleaned), painted another sign, fixed up two snowmen as winter decorations (the sled and sign used to say "Merry Christmas"), put up the "library shelf" wall border in the library (this is cool: we found it at School Box; it's 16 feet of "shelves" with books on it—usually the books are fake on these things, but these are real titles, including ones of Hemingway and Richard Wright, Little Women, even Alistair Cooke's America), did another thrilling job of organizing our iron-on patches, sorted laundry, and other exciting housework things! :-)

While I was crafting watched the service for President Ford, then later put the Dish Network holiday music channel on to enjoy it while it lasts.

Also did the tedious job of updating all my website copyright dates; I'm trying to fix up some mistakes made in previous years that happened because I just did simple search-and-replace, so this is taking a bit longer and I still need to finish.

Meanwhile the long, long vacation is over and I'm off to work tomorrow. Need to get my desk set up so I can start the telework process. Tomorrow I'll probably spend several hours just deleting spam e-mails.

Oh, and I uploaded my newest web page, one dedicated to Margaret Sidney's Five Little Peppers series.

No comments: