04 April 2010

Easter Is...Peace

We are spending a quiet day after our busy one yesterday, all the busier since we were both up late: James was down in the "man cave," and I was on chat. Near the end of chat, when the conversation was getting spotty, I went to the Android Market to find a couple more games. I'm not much on games, but I like to have something for lines or mindless waits. I found a Bejeweled clone that's themed for Christmas that had an extra fillip, and something akin to "Cash Cow" called Color Drips. Then I found the demo version of "Space Physics." OMG, best game ever. I want the full version.

I was playing the ten demo levels until after 3 a.m.!

We had a leisurely breakfast this morning while I posted an Easter card on my main blog and surveyed Facebook, and we listened to this week's "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me," then at lunchtime I put Here Comes Peter Cottontail on. I love the songs in this one, especially "Puzzle of Life" and "If I Could Only Get Back to Yesterday."

The show, in its entirety:

Here Comes Peter Cottontail (1970) Part 1

Here Comes Peter Cottontail (1970) Part 2

Here Comes Peter Cottontail (1970) Part 3

Here Comes Peter Cottontail (1970) Part 4

Here Comes Peter Cottontail (1970) Part 5

At this point James retreated down into the "man cave" and I put on The Easter Promise. Here is a short clip from this third Addie Mills story. The stories take place in the fictional "Clear River," Nebraska, and Jean Simmons plays Constance Payne, the local girl who "made good" as a Broadway actress. But she has proven a disappointment so far to Addie and her friends after she shows up at their style show drunk. Here Constance tries to make up for her gaffe by giving the girls dramatic lessons:

Clip from The Easter Promise

(In the story James brings home pussy willows, which I wrote about in a previous post.)

Now I am listening to a December "This Week in Tech" podcast (speculating about the just-released iPad!)

[Later: put on some music and finished Jesus, Interrupted. We had ham steak and rice pilaf for supper, with ice cream for dessert. Had a few laughs from American's Funniest Home Videos, then watched the "Birds" and "Deep Sea Creatures" installments of Life.]

No comments: