06 October 2006

Breezes!

A cold front pushed its way through last night so the first thing I did upon arising was fling open the windows to be greeted by a sweet autumn breeze. I decided to have breakfast at the Starbuck's at Barnes & Noble and just for the heck of it ducked next door to CD Warehouse (they sell used items)—and got an astonishingly good deal on the new release of Little Mermaid and fourth season of Hogan's Heroes. Also found Bambi II at a very good price and a CD of Christmas music totally done by brass orchestras.

Since James' mom and sister (cross fingers) are spending Thanksgiving with us, I bought a fall tablecloth at Linens'n'Things with one of my coupons.

I also went to Garden Ridge looking for something but didn't find it. However, upon walking in I was surrounded by Christmas decorations glittering to my right and fall decorations glowing to my left. Summer has been so hard on my health that I had to resist the urge to spin about like Mary Tyler Moore and pronounce happily "I'm home! I'm home!" since it was all so welcoming.

Came home to find the house cool and breezy and was feeling so chipper I committed poetry:
Vivid blue sky,
autumn leaves fly--
gold, orange, red.
Summer has fled
back to her den.
Can't wait till when
cooling winds blow,
hinting of snow.
Bonfires burn
while the leaves turn,
and gingerbread
children are bred;
savor near fire,
after all retire,
with cocoa--Yay!--
while branches sway
in crisp delight
on moonlit night.
From settling leaves
now Nature weaves
beds for flowers.
Counting the hours--
for when leaves fly,
Christmas is nigh!

No comments: